Boost logo

Boost Testing :

From: Martin Wille (mw8329_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-02-22 06:29:02

Tobias Schwinger wrote:

> Before setting up a page for this one, I'd probably consider adding
>
> # Remove .test files older than 20 days automatically
> find $boost_root -type f -name '*.test' -ctime +20 -exec rm {} ';'

I think this is a bad idea. The point of running tests incrementally is
*not* to run tests that don't need to be run.

It would be cool if the build system would be able to automatically
remove results for tests that don't exist anymore. However, I doubt this
would be easy to implement, if possible at all.

Another idea would be to add rules for removing old results to the
Jamfile whenever a test is removed or gets renamed. I guess this would
be implementable. When a test gets removed or renamed then the
maintainer edits the Jamfile, anyway, so adding that remove rule
wouldn't be too much of additional burden.

> to run_tests.sh. BTW. 'find' and the options used above are "SysV primordial soup" so it should be portable to pretty much any *NIX environment.

It might be more important that find is also defined by POSIX.

Regards,

Boost-testing list run by mbergal at meta-comm.com