Boost logo

Boost Testing :

From: Aleksey Gurtovoy (agurtovoy_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-03-21 11:07:10

Reece Dunn writes:
> I am trying to run a monitored regression test using the default
> timeout of 5 minutes. When I run the tests, pskill and build_monitor
> download fine and build_monitor/pskill starts up. However, after the
> 5 minutes, pskill proceeds to kill everything... explorer, my
> anti-virus engine, the winampa tray utility, bash (which is running
> the regression tests)... everything! (Well... everything running as
> User).

This is a known issue that desperately needs to be documented. The
tool needs to be reworked from the ground up (see below); meanwhile,
the current recommendation is to run regressions under a separate user
account: http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.lib.boost.testing/1306/.

See http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.lib.boost.testing/503.

--
Aleksey Gurtovoy