Boost logo

Boost Testing :

From: Sean Huang (huangsean_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-06-08 12:31:45

I'm totally new to boost.build and never really used jam before so please
bear with me.

I have started to run the regression tests for Windows XP x64 edition. The
compilers we use are VS 2005 and Intel 9.1. I have run into a few problems:
1. I have managed to make the regresstion to use the 64-bit compiler. I was
hoping I could simply specify msvc-8.0_64 (or msvc-8.0_x86_64 for
cross-compile) as toolsets but somehow it wouldn't take it. I
tried --toolsets=msvc-8.0,address-model=64 and that worked but I'm not sure
it is the right way. The results showed up as msvc-8.0 but I would really
like to use a different name such as msvc-8.0_64 etc.
2. It looks like the current msvc.jam does not support native 64-bit
compiling. It always uses the cross-compilers. I imagine it should not be
hard to add it.
3. I'm about to start the tests with Intel 9.1 and would appreciate hints on
how to set it up.

Thanks,

Sean

Boost-testing list run by mbergal at meta-comm.com