Boost logo

Boost Testing :

From: Boris Gubenko (Boris.Gubenko_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-06-12 15:59:39

Jeff Garland wrote:
> I've made the markup for the testfacet test cases which accounts for
> 2 of the 7 failures.

Thanks!

> The rest of the failures look like acc compiler issues to me.

The failing tests are:

testdate_input_facet[_dll]
testlocal_time
testlocal_time_input_facet
testtime_input_facet

They all compile cleanly with aCC6 when using STLport instead of the
Rogue Wave library, so, it looks like the issue here is not the
compiler per se, but STL.

What's interesting is that on Tru64, which has a slightly older RW
library than HP-UX -- rw libstd v2.0 and v2.2, respectively -- these
tests succeed. I'm wondering whether there is some missing
conditionalization for HP-UX somewhere and whether Tru64 is using the
old code which you are considering ditching in 1.35.

> [...] but honestly I'm ready to ditch that code in 1.35 and mark any
> compiler that can't deal with the new i/o unusable.

Sounds a little too harsh to me, especially given the fact, that it
*may* render cxx on Tru64 unusable, but it is your call.

> the best course is probably to just mark up the rest of the
> failures

I'm not sure what the implications are: will it make these tests
permanent failures on HP-UX?

> and hope someone at hp looks at the remaining compiler issues.

I'll look at these issues in a couple of days when I'm done with HP-UX-
specific patches for STLport so they can make STLport 5.1 (the current
version of STLport 5.x is busted on HP-UX, both ia64 and PA-RISC).

Boris