Boost logo

Boost Testing :

From: Rene Rivera (grafikrobot_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-07-29 15:43:48

Robert Ramey wrote:
> Rene Rivera wrote:
>> Robert Ramey wrote:
>>> I was building stlport with /Zwchar_t - (wchar intrinsic type) even
>>> though I added <native_wchar_t>on to the jamfile I couldn't get it
>>> to build.
>>>
>>> So I rebuild STLPort with all defaults and now I'm getting:
>>>

>>> LINK : fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file
>>> 'stlport_vc7_stldebug.lib' "link" /nologo /DEBUG
>>> /subsystem:console
>>> /out:"c:\BoostHead\bin\boost\libs\serialization\test\test_array_binary_archive.test\vc-7_1-stlport\debug\threading-multi\test_array_binary_archive.exe"
>>> /LIBPATH:"c:\BoostHead\bin\boost\libs\serialization\build\libboost_serialization.lib\vc-7_1-stlport\debug\threading-multi"
>>> /LIBPATH:"c:/\STLport-5.0\lib" /LIBPATH:"c:/\STLport-5.0\bin"
>>> @"c:\BoostHead\bin\boost\libs\serialization\test\test_array_binary_archive.test\vc-7_1-stlport\debug\threading-multi\test_array_binary_archive.CMD"
>>>

>>> It seems that the toolset is conjuring up a library name which
>>> doesn't exist in my STLPort-5.0/lib directory. I'm happy to recieve
>>> ideas from anyone with experience on this.
>> OK, it took a bit of reverse engineering to figure out what might be
>> wrong... As far as I can tell you did not specify the version of
>> setup. So it defaults to thinking you are using STLport 4.x which
>> uses the names like stlport_*_stldebug.
>
> OK - motivated by your willingness to help me I've done some
> sleuthing on my own. This is what I have:
>
> a) I"m using bjam v1.

OK, very good to know :-)

> a) when I looking to tools/build/v1/stlport.jam I find what I think
> amounts to:
>
> ### STLport 5.x
>
> switch $(CURR_TOOLSET)
> {
> case msvc* : STLPORT_AUTOLINK = TRUE ;
> case vc* : STLPORT_AUTOLINK = TRUE ;
> }

Yep.

> and later
>
> if ! $(STLPORT_AUTOLINK)
> {
[...]
> so it looks to me that the path I'm geting should only come up for
> toolsets other than msvc* and vc*

Yep.

> Its a mystery to me

Hm, it's a mystery to me also if that's the case. You need to figure out
if it's really taking the autolink option. So taking a look at the link
commands and seeing if the stlport lib shows up there is one. Also
putting some ECHO commands in the stlport.jam for debugging would be
another. If it is taking the autolink option, it would fall onto the
STLport code. So perhaps that's buggy, and produces the wrong names?

--
-- Grafik - Don't Assume Anything

Boost-testing list run by mbergal at meta-comm.com