Boost logo

Boost Testing :

From: David Abrahams (dave_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-09-22 10:10:09

Hi,

On 13 September, David Abrahams <dave_at_[hidden]> posted
this litany of complaints:

> When I visit
> http://engineering.meta-comm.com/boost-regression/CVS-RC_1_34_0/developer/index.html
> and click the "Release View" link, I see that its purpose is
>
> Provides Boost developers with visual indication of the CVS
> "health". For user-level report, see user summary.
>
> There are at least two problems with this:
>
> 1. When I click the "Full View" button I see the same message. So the
> message does nothing to tell me what the difference is between the
> release view and the full view.
>
> 2. There is no link labelled "user summary" anywhere. So what,
> exactly, am I supposed to click in order to "see user summary?"
>
> 3? Isn't there supposed to be a table there? Regardless, it's very
> very odd to see a page headed "Developer Report" that has... no
> report on it.
>
> 4? IIUC, Full View/Release View are unlike any of the other links in
> that section of the left column, in that they switch "modes" rather
> than taking me to different reports. Shouldn't this be visually
> distinct? Maybe a pair of radio buttons, elswhere on the page?
> Wouldn't it be more descriptive just to have the buttons say
> something like
>
> * show all tested compilers
> o show only "officially supported" compilers

Was this posting missed? I really think it's important to address the
readability of our reports, since that's where I direct people when
they ask "does Boost work with my compiler?"

--
Dave Abrahams
Boost Consulting

Boost-testing list run by mbergal at meta-comm.com