Boost logo

Boost Testing :

From: Rene Rivera (grafikrobot_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-10-20 09:52:32

Anthony Williams wrote:
> Roland Schwarz <roland.schwarz_at_[hidden]> writes:
>
>> Anthony Williams wrote:

>>> g:\boost\head\boost\tools\build\v1\bootstrap.jam:21: in boost-build

I stopped supporting BBv1 some time ago, when we switched to doing just
about all the testing with BBv2.

>> My fix was to explicitly have boost build skip the build in this case.
>> I have tried this and can check in a fix if wanted.
>
> I would be interested to see how to do this.

It's just a matter of adding "<build>no" as a requirement at the
appropriate times.

>> But to be honest, I think this is a general problem which should be
>> solved in a more generic way by the build system. I.e. give a means
>> to skip a build when some dependency is not fulfilled.
>
> Definitely. Anyone more knowledgeable in Boost.Build care to help?

There's a long, in time and space, discussion between Volodya and myself
about that in the Boost.Build list. Ie we are working on it.

--
-- Grafik - Don't Assume Anything

Boost-testing list run by mbergal at meta-comm.com