Boost logo

Boost Testing :

From: Mateusz Loskot (mateusz_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-10-24 01:32:29

Hi,

On the main Boost list, when talking aobut Windows Mobile support,
Rene Rivera suggested to run regression tests on Windows CE platform.
I started to think about this idea deeper and I like it.
So, I'd like to learn more about Boost regression tests to find out if
it's feasible to run them on Windows CE systems.

Rene gave me following URL to start with
http://www.boost-consulting.com/boost/tools/regression/xsl_reports/runner/instructions.html

As I understand, the only "external" requirement, besides Boost
libraries compiled, is Python. Am I correct?

I imagine the procedure would be as follows:
1. Install Python on Windows CE emulator or device (there is pythonce port)
2. Build Boost libraries
3. Run regression.py on a WinCE emulator or device
4. Get results, process and upload somewhere

Does it make sense (generally) ?

Cheers

--
Mateusz Loskot