Boost logo

Boost Testing :

From: Anthony Williams (anthony_w.geo_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-11-07 11:48:04

Rene Rivera <grafikrobot_at_[hidden]> writes:

> Anthony Williams wrote:
>
>> I have the platform SDK in c:/mssdk, hence the INCLUDE and LIB settings.
>
> :-) But to my original question regarding that; Are you trying to use
> that MSSDK instead of the one inside VC8?

Yes.

>> The .RSP files look fine; it looks like the VCVARS32.BAT files are not being
>> run prior to invoking the compiler.
>
> Still weird :-\ Try:
>
> cd <boost-root>/status
> bjam bjam --v2 --debug-configuration -n
>
> The "--debug-configuration" should output some lines of what compilers
> and how they are configured. For example for me it outputs:

Thanks, that helped me spot the problem: I'd got the wrong MSVC versions
specified. I need:

using msvc : 8.0express ;
using msvc : 7.1 ;
using msvc : 6.0 ;

I didn't realize that the MSVC 8 express compiler was a different toolset to
the standard one. Also, VC 6.0 sp5 is labelled vc6.5 with BBV1, and 6.0 on
BBv2.

Anthony

--
Anthony Williams