Boost logo

Boost Testing :

From: Aleksey Gurtovoy (agurtovoy_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-11-14 02:01:08

David Abrahams writes:
> I first posted about this back in September and still have not seen a
> reply.

FWIW, this is my fault: Misha deferred the reply to me, but it got
pushed down in my mailbox and I totally forgot about it (truly "out of
sight, out of mind" case).

> >> When I visit
> >> http://engineering.meta-comm.com/boost-regression/CVS-RC_1_34_0/developer/index.html
> >> and click the "Release View" link, I see that its purpose is
> >>
> >> Provides Boost developers with visual indication of the CVS
> >> "health". For user-level report, see user summary.
> >>
> >> There are at least two problems with this:
> >>
> >> 1. When I click the "Full View" button I see the same message. So the
> >> message does nothing to tell me what the difference is between the
> >> release view and the full view.

Good point, will fix.

> >> 2. There is no link labelled "user summary" anywhere. So what,
> >> exactly, am I supposed to click in order to "see user
> >> summary?"

This is a regression from earlier versions; the link was there at some
point. Anyway, good catch, will fix.

FWIW, you can get to the "user summary" if you click the
"Summary" link at the right top corner and then "User View" link at
the top of the summary page itself.

> >> 3? Isn't there supposed to be a table there?

The status quo is deliberate: it's a "Report Info" (as opposed to
"Summary") page, but if you'd argue that these two should be merged, I
think I'd agree.

> >> Regardless, it's very
> >> very odd to see a page headed "Developer Report" that has... no
> >> report on it.

The page was intended to serve as a sort of a title page for the
whole set of the reports available from the left frame.

> >> 4? IIUC, Full View/Release View are unlike any of the other links in
> >> that section of the left column, in that they switch "modes" rather
> >> than taking me to different reports.

Correct.

> >> Shouldn't this be visually distinct?

Most definitely. IIRC, it was a temporary shortcut that never got fixed.

> >> Maybe a pair of radio buttons, elswhere on the page?
> >> Wouldn't it be more descriptive just to have the buttons say
> >> something like
> >>
> >> * show all tested compilers
> >> o show only "officially supported" compilers

We can try something like that.

Thank you for the feedback and sorry for taking so long to reply,

--
Aleksey Gurtovoy
MetaCommunications Engineering

Boost-testing list run by mbergal at meta-comm.com