Boost logo

Boost Testing :

From: Martin Wille (mw8329_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-11-15 14:05:52

Juergen Hunold wrote:

> On Tuesday 14 November 2006 19:12, Martin Wille wrote:

>> Did anything change in the number of tests being executed? Or did
>> anything change in the way the path names get generated? Both would
>> explain why there's suddenly demand for additional space.
>
> Some tests now explicitly link against the static Boost.Test library on
> Linux. This might explain the increase in disk space.

OK, this assumption is correct. However, it's only one half of the story.

Today, I learnt that the code in the Boost.Build that is supposed to
delete the executables after a test ran successfully doesn't exist in BBv2.

My test results directory is exploding now and with statically linked
Serialization tests this means I need additional 1GB+ per toolset just
for Boost.Serialization.

I'm not sure I'll be able to deliver test results in the current state
of BBv2/statically linked Boost.Test.

The good news is that Volodya is already working on a remedy.

I hope there's a compelling reason for statically linking.

Regards,

Boost-testing list run by mbergal at meta-comm.com