Boost logo

Boost Testing :

From: Aleksey Gurtovoy (agurtovoy_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-11-24 12:08:35

Roland Schwarz writes:
> Please can anyone explain to me the meaning of the date on the list head
> of the detailed developer reports?
>
> E.g.
> http://engineering.meta-comm.com/boost-regression/CVS-RC_1_34_0/developer/thread_release.html
> Report Time reads:
> Fri, 24 Nov 2006 06:02:18 +0000

That's the time when the report generation cycle that produced these
pages has started.

> and the list head for RudbekAssociates-V2 reads
> Mon, 20 Nov 2006 14:45:00 +0000

That's the time when the regression run that produced the results
displayed under that column has started getting the sources.

> does this mean that the regression test have been run on 20 Nov?

Yes.

> If so, I suspect a problem, since I disabled some tests quite some
> time ago. Earlier than 20 Nov. So if the tests have indeed been run
> on 20 Nov, they cannot have produced this results. Could it possibly
> be the case that the tests for this machine are using old CVS
> entries?

I'm not sure. Victor?

> For a better interpretation of the results I'd suggest to at
> minimum put a link into the legend that explains the semantics of
> the date.

Noted.

> It also would be of help I think, if we had for each machine:
>
> 1) The date the snapshot was taken

That's the timestamp displayed under the runner's name.

> 2) The date the test had been run

This one is available on the test's output page, but unless specified
otherwise, the page is produced only if the test fails.

Thanks for the feedback,

--
Aleksey Gurtovoy
MetaCommunications Engineering