Boost logo

Boost Testing :

From: Markus Schöpflin (markus.schoepflin_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-12-04 09:59:25

Clark Sims wrote:

> I was wondering how much ram does the regression test need? I have a
> large collection of old machines I don't use, I could run it on the old
> machines also, if regression.py doesn't take too muich memory I see that
> it is using 1.4 gig of memory on my machine right now. Is this typical?
> or does it scale the memory request to the amount of memory on the
> machine?

The problem is not with regression.py but with bjam run from regression.py.

I do observe >1GB memory usage for bjam (for two toolsets) on my test runs,
plus you need enough memory for each test to compile, so 1.4 GB sounds like
a number which is to be expected.

IIRC, there have been some efforts in reducing memory usage of bjam, but I
have no idea what became of them.

Markus

Boost-testing list run by mbergal at meta-comm.com