Boost logo

Boost Testing :

From: David Abrahams (dave_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-12-12 17:31:40

Aleksey Gurtovoy <agurtovoy_at_[hidden]> writes:

>> If possible the people who manage these pages should :
>> 1) metion that user-config.jam is necessary to running regression.py
>> 2) the line using gcc .... is very important, and give a few examples.
>> 3) the line using python ; is very important and must be
>> specified.
>
> Hmm, I wonder if we can get rid of #3. Vladimir, David?

I would sure like that, if it were possible. How late in the process
is too late to call

  using python ;

?

Invoking it from the rules that declare python extensions and from the
Jamfile that declares libboost_python would be easy, but ideally I
would only do it if those targets were actually being built.

In v1 that would have been easy, since there was a convenient
mechanism for inserting rules that would be invoked to process the
feature set of any target. I don't know of a similar hook in v2.

--
Dave Abrahams
Boost Consulting

Boost-testing list run by mbergal at meta-comm.com