Boost logo

Boost Testing :

From: Vladimir Prus (ghost_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-01-06 02:41:04

David Abrahams wrote:

> David Abrahams <dave_at_[hidden]> writes:

>>> Not quite on weekend, but I think this problem is fixed. There was a
>>> code that was disabling shared lib/static runtime combo. I've modified
>>> that code to not apply to CW.
>>>
>>> This means that if somebody just builds (not tests) Boost with CW, he'll
>>> get shared lib/static runtime combos too, which might be a feature or a
>>> bug depending from your point of view.
>>
>> I don't understand why that option should only be available for CW. A
>> need to control exactly what is linked statically and what is linked
>> dynamically can come up with any compiler.
>
> Any comments, Volodya?

On gcc, that option (shared library, static runtime) is just not available.
On Windows compilers, that combination (I'm told) is rather risky.
Therefore, that combination is suppressed on all toolset, except for CW.
The mechanism used to suppress is implements in such a way so that you cannot
request such combination even by hand. This is solvable. But I don't quite
fancy tweaking build system at this point in release cycle. One mistake
and every testers faces huge rebuild.

- Volodya

Boost-testing list run by mbergal at meta-comm.com