Boost logo

Boost Testing :

From: Joaquín Mª López Muñoz (joaquin_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-02-02 02:25:40

Hello,

Seven tests for numeric/interval at BoostConsulting fail with the
following:

..\boost/numeric/interval/hw_rounding.hpp(38) : fatal error C1189:
#error :
Boost.Numeric.Interval: Please specify rounding control mechanism.

(see for instance http://tinyurl.com/359mre ). The simple reason is that

these tests use a 64bit version of MSVC 8.0 on a 64bit platform that's
not supported by Boost.Interval.

The problem is that the toolset name used is "msvc-8.0", which is
reserved for
the "standard" 32bit version, thus fooling the regression system into
showing these expected failures as regressions.

May I suggest the toolset name is changed to something with a "64" in
it?
Of course, extending Boost.Numeric.Interval to support Windows XP 64
would also be an interesting, if orthogonal, task, but I guess we're not

allowed to do that this close to releasing.

Thank you,

Joaquín M López Muñoz
Telefónica, Investigación y Desarrollo

Boost-testing list run by mbergal at meta-comm.com