Boost logo

Boost Testing :

From: David Abrahams (dave_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-02-04 12:21:03

"Gennadiy Rozental" <gennadiy.rozental_at_[hidden]> writes:

> "David Abrahams" <dave_at_[hidden]> wrote in message
>> Rene Rivera <grafikrobot_at_[hidden]> writes:

>>> Hm, there is code to try and close off those dialogs. I didn't write
>>> that part of the code so I'd only be guessing why it doesn't work in
>>> your case.
>>
>> Who did write it? I still have these dialogs hanging around from
>> crashed tests.
>
> I am working on an extensive update for the execution monitor. It may or may
> not address an issue of process hanging. Is there any way to produce
> comparatively simple example that exhibit this behavior?

I'm really sorry, but I just don't have the time to do anything like
that right now. I am currently passing -lx120 to bjam and *not* using
the "monitored" test option. I cc'd you because I suspected you might
be the person who "wrote that part of the code," due to your expertise
in this area. Only crashed tests produce these dialogs. I'm doing
release mode testing. libs/iterator/test/filter_iterator_test is one
of two that produce the dialog for me. I hope that gives you some
information to go on.

Thanks,

--
Dave Abrahams