Boost logo

Boost Testing :

From: Martin Wille (mw8329_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-03-29 12:15:21

Thomas Witt wrote:
> David Abrahams wrote:
>> on Wed Mar 28 2007, Thomas Witt <witt-AT-acm.org> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>> IMO that would be bad,
>
> Why?

I, for one, would not be able to run tests for the lot of toolsets that
I'm running currently.

To clarify (again): Testing Boost costs significant resources. Testing
incrementally saves a good portion of the cost.

Removing incremental testing would not be affordable, unless we get a
lot more resources.

> and I don't think this has anything to do with
>> incremental testing. Old results will hang around unless updated or
>> removed whether or not incremental testing is enabled.
>
> To clarify I am talking about results for tests that no longer exist.

This is an issue that simply demonstrates lack of communication. It's
also a fairly small issue.

IF all developers tell the testers about removed or renamed tests AND IF
the incremental testers then remove the old results then that doesn't
happen.

We could discuss adding formal support for that communication to
Boost.Build. However, I currently see this problem as behaviour-related
or knowledge-related, not as tool-related.

Regards,

Boost-testing list run by mbergal at meta-comm.com