Boost logo

Boost Testing :

From: Rene Rivera (grafikrobot_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-05-28 00:51:15

Victor A. Wagner Jr. wrote:
> Rene Rivera wrote:

>> My current solution was to delete the two lex files, and on the next
>> update CVS gives them a timestamp later than the rest of the files. The
>> real solution would be for the version control software to set the
>> timestamps to the one in the repo.

> NO...this causes catastrophic problems if you ever have to get an older
> version of something (why have a version control at all if you're never
> going to do this) the source will predate the "object" by quite a bit
> and look exactly up to date.

Yep, very good point indeed. Not sure if there's any non-human intrusive
solution to this case then. Since the files have to be there in the case
users don't have flex/yacc. And it seems relying on the timestamps, even
if equal, is pointless for the build to do in this case. About the only
sure way of handling this would be to have a checksum file which the
build can check against a computed checksum of the source files. Oh'
well maybe for bjam4.

--
-- Grafik - Don't Assume Anything

Boost-testing list run by mbergal at meta-comm.com