Boost logo

Boost Testing :

From: Joaquin M Lopez Munoz (joaquin_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-07-03 12:22:31

David Abrahams <dave <at> boost-consulting.com> writes:

> on Tue Jul 03 2007, Joaquin M Lopez Munoz <joaquin-AT-tid.es> wrote:
>
> > Not much, really. I've seen it appear and go at random places
> > in MSVC 8.0 regression testers for more than a year if my memory
> > serves me well.
>
> How do you know? I mean, what characterizes this problem?

The error message:

LINK : fatal error LNK1000: unknown error; consult documentation
for technical support options

I've grown used to spot it, in my lib and others, because it
appears suddenly in otherwise healthy libs, so we've met several
times during my cursory looks for regressions to fix in this last
year of code freeze.

[...]
> Well it sounds from the above like you're saying that "the problem"
> is always an ICE.

An ILE, if you allow me the pedantry.

Joaquín M López Muñoz
Telefónica, Investigación y Desarrollo