Boost logo

Boost Testing :

From: Aleksey Gurtovoy (agurtovoy_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-08-01 15:06:48

Hi Florent,

> I upgraded to boost 1.34.1 lately for the latest filesystem
> functionality. I checked on
> http://engineering.meta-comm.com/boost-regression/CVS-HEAD/developer/summary.html
> and thought I might add my results to the list.
>
> I followed the instructions described on
> http://www.boost.org/tools/regression/xsl_reports/runner/instructions.html
> with a workaround to be able to use gcc 4.0.4 : I created
> patch_boost file that simply copied a modified user-config.jam in
> the freshly checked-out source directory (in boost/tools/build/v2).
> In that user-config.jam, there is just a change at line 24 that
> reads : using gcc : 4.0 : g++404 ;
>
> I am behind a proxy and specified it using the --proxy option.
> Everything went as expected (including downloading the tarball),
> excluding the uploading of the log archive
> that failed with following error :
>
> # upload_logs failed with message "(113, 'No route to host')"
> # Giving up.
>
> AFAIK, the proxy I specified supports the ftp. So I do not know what
> failed.

The error most likely means that your proxy does not in fact let
through an FTP connection to "fx.meta-comm.com" (the server where the
script tries to upload the results to). You probably need to
explicitly open (passive) FTP-specific ports.

> Is there another way of letting my log archive reach the boost
> community ?

For a one-time test run, you can upload the logs manually (say, from
another machine) to
ftp://fx.meta-comm.com/boost-regression/CVS-HEAD/. If you'd like to
run the tests on a regular basis, we need to figure out how to get the
FTP upload work for you.

HTH,

--
Aleksey Gurtovoy