Boost logo

Boost Testing :

From: Roland Schwarz (roland.schwarz_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-08-13 15:05:46

bjam allowed to prepend a directory before BOOST_BUILD_PATH from where
Boost.Build would pick up a customized user-config.jam. This allowed overriding
the user-config that is stock shipped with Boost.Build.

However this had an unexpected adverse side-effect:

bjam also will pick up the Boost.Build files from there if they exist in this
location. And they do exist if Boost.Build is used as a separate package as is
the case e.g. when installed from debian packages.

The problem now is, that these packages are likely to be older than the trunk,
so it can be possible that the boost libraries cannot be built (which rely on
in-tree bbv2).

bjam operation has been restored to the original definition where the path from
boost-build rule always is searched first.

Runners that are relying on being able to switch user-config files are requested
to either:

1) supply --user-config=/path/to/my/config-file.jam to bjam

or

2) set the env var BOOST_USER_CONFIG to /path/to/my/config-file.jam

Both methods ensure that config-file.jam will be forced first.

Roland aka speedsnail

Boost-testing list run by mbergal at meta-comm.com