Boost logo

Boost Testing :

From: Vladimir Prus (ghost_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-08-16 15:03:59

David Abrahams wrote:

> on Thu Aug 16 2007, Markus Schöpflin <markus.schoepflin-AT-comsoft.de>
> wrote:
>
>> Doug Gregor wrote:
>>
>> [...]
>>
>> [...]
>>
>>> Where did you see the "svn+ssh" bit? You aren't the first person to
>>> have tried this, so I'm wondering if something is incorrectly
>>> documented on one of Boost's web pages...
>>
>> The subversion FAQ recommends it as the equivalent of the CVS/SSH
>> access method.
>
> Enabling that would require us to give people actual user accounts on
> the SVN server.

No. It's quite possible to setup svn+ssh without giving folks shell
access. Moreover, it's possible without creating new accounts for
new users at all -- by having the 'svn' user's .ssh configured
so that for each specific user's ssh key, the svnserve program
is run with specific username. Said username will only matter to
SVN, for history purposes, but won't be related in any way with
system's users.

I can dig out the actual config I used to have.

- Volodya

Boost-testing list run by mbergal at meta-comm.com