Boost logo

Boost Testing :

From: Beman Dawes (bdawes_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-09-14 07:22:18

The regression testing script obtains the boost working copy for testing
  either by downloading a tarball or via an subversion update.

As a developer, I prefer testers use the subversion approach because it
ensures my latest svn commits are included in the test run.

The svn approach is also more robust, because it eliminates the
possibility of tarball creation failures.

This I encourage testers to use the subversion approach. It has several
advantages for testers; it is quicker and uses less network bandwidth.

I'd also like to see the subversion approach become the default, rather
than an option. Or better yet, could we eliminate the tarball approach
completely?

--Beman

Boost-testing list run by mbergal at meta-comm.com