Boost logo

Boost Testing :

From: Rene Rivera (grafikrobot_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-09-14 12:07:45

Beman Dawes wrote:
> As a developer looking at a test failure on the regression test result
> pages, what I want to know is "Did this test include the change I
> committed a few hours ago?"
>
> To do that, I look at the report's column headings.
>
> The date and time is helpful, and should certainly be retained. But what
> I really need to know is the revision number of the working copy the
> test was run from.
>
> The revision number can be obtained from the last line of the svn up
> command's output:
>
> Updated to revision 39263.
>
> It also appears on line 4 of the root-directory of the working copy's
> .svn/entries file, although I don't know if that location is reliable.

Of course this is assuming one get the code from SVN :-\ ...But it would
also be possible to add a file to the tarballs with the revision.

> Is it possible to add the revision number to the column heads?

I imagine it is.

> Who is
> the maintainer of whatever script produces the tables?

Well, that's the problem we are generally having. Meta Comm, i.e.
Aleksey, Misha, and Lesha, maintain those. Which currently means they
are not maintained, since they seem unresponsive for the last two weeks.
And I'm fairly sure the TODOs
<http://www.crystalclearsoftware.com/cgi-bin/boost_wiki/wiki.pl?Boost.Testing>
are not getting looked at either.

--