Boost logo

Boost Testing :

From: Rene Rivera (grafikrobot_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-09-20 00:26:36

K. Noel Belcourt wrote:
> On Sep 19, 2007, at 7:34 PM, Beman Dawes wrote:

>> What does the reporting look like when a test times out? We need
>> to make
>> sure timeouts get reported as fails,

They are reported as failures, but they are generic failures without any
real explanation. Strangely, the lack of explanation is the indicator of
a timeout failure since AFAIR all other types of failures have some
indicator.

> and the detail report gives the
>> reason as "100 second time limit exceeded" or some similar message
>> that
>> makes it clear what happened.
>
> Good idea. I'm just sending a SIGKILL to any expired process. Let
> me see if I can add some verbiage to the output text to make it clear
> the action timed out.

Hm, the only thing I can think of is to append to the buffered output of
the action an error message. I didn't do that when I implemented the
option originally as we didn't have a good way of associating the
timeout with a particular action.

--
-- Grafik - Don't Assume Anything

Boost-testing list run by mbergal at meta-comm.com