Boost logo

Boost Testing :

From: Aleksey Gurtovoy (agurtovoy_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-10-15 00:00:52

On Tue, 18 Sep 2007 12:50:24 -0500, Sebastian Redl wrote:

> Beman Dawes wrote:
>> The "very small addition" is to display the revision number, in the
>> form "rev 12345" or similar, in the column header, centered under the
>> "runner". The number will be supplied as the value for a new
>> "revision" property in the results file.
[...]

> That's a pretty trivial change, but I'd need some data to actually test
> it. Where do I get regression XML from, and how do I run the
> transformations with all paths correct?

FYI, $BOOST_ROOT/tools/regression/xsl_reports/test/ directory
contains a test suite that does not require any external regression
results and generally makes modification of XSL reports much easier:

  - generate_test_results.py: generates incoming XML results
    enumerating all possible combinations of test failures / expected
    failures markup.

  - test.py: uses XMLs produced by generate_test_results.py to
    generate the corresponding report pages.

I.e. doing

   python generate_test_results.py
   python test.py

would give you a local copy of the reports (in the "./output"
directory) which you can then examine/compare with the expected
output.

You can further shorten report generation cycle by editing

     , reports = [ "x", "ds", "dd", "dsr", "ddr", "us", "ud", "usr", "udr" ]

line in "test.py", which regulates what type of report pages
you want it to generate (first "d" or "u" stands for "developer"
or "user" correspondingly, second "s" or "d" stands for "summary"
or "details" and third "r" stands for release).

--
Aleksey Gurtovoy
MetaCommunications Engineering

Boost-testing list run by mbergal at meta-comm.com