Boost logo

Boost Testing :

From: Stefan Seefeld (seefeld_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-10-17 11:16:38

David Abrahams wrote:

>>> OK. My errors look like they are exclusively either:
>>>
>>> * Linker errors due to a mis-specified set of system libraries that
>>> needs to link with various Python components. That should be
>>> a relatively easy Boost.Build fix.
>> Is someone working on this fix?
>
> Not yet; I've barely had time to assess the situation. I may be able
> to work on that today.

FWIW, the issue seems to be similar for at least some platforms:
Sandia-intel (icpc, various versions), as well as some mipspro builds.

>>> * Tester misconfiguration issues, as in
>>> http://beta.boost.org/development/tests/trunk/developer/output/RSI%20Kludge-boost-bin-v2-libs-python-test-exec-test-msvc-8-0-debug-threading-multi_release.html
>>>
>>> * The import_ test failure. That's Stefan Seefeld's baby and I've
>>> asked him to look into it.
>> Please keep pestering him or markup the test as an expected failure
>> (unless you consider it a showstopper).
>
> So far he hasn't responded, which worries me a little.

Heh, I did reply, in private, noting that I would look into it.

> I object to marking it up as an expected failure; I don't expect it to
> fail, and I would rather take the feature out if we can't support it.

None of the test results I have looked at seem to indicate a problem
with the feature in question per se, but rather peculiarities due to
the embedding of the python interpreter into the test executable,
which is more an issue with the build system (which I have very little
experience with).
The only case where the test itself fails is with MSVC 8 (can't find
the "import_" module). However, this used to pass fine for the 1.34.1
release, so I wonder what changed. Also, I don't have access to a
MSVC 8 box, and thus can't really do any work to fix this.

Thanks,
                Stefan

Boost-testing list run by mbergal at meta-comm.com