Boost logo

Boost Testing :

From: Caleb Epstein (caleb.epstein_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-10-24 16:45:28

On 10/24/07, David Abrahams <dave_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> Can anyone confirm that's what I'm seeing? Caleb, could you try to
> manually issue the 2nd link command, first replacing
>
> -Wl,-Bstatic -lrt -ldl
>
> with
>
> -Wl,-Bdynamic -lrt -ldl
>
> Can anyone explain why BB would be doing these two things differently?

The -Bstatic is indeed the problem. If I change the command to use
-Bdynamic as you suggest, the command succeeds.

As I've noted at least once before on this topic, Solaris doesn't provide
static versions of system libraries, like the C runtime, pthreads, and librt
as well. It actually appears that not a single archive (.a) library is
available under /usr/lib on this machine.

--
Caleb Epstein

Boost-testing list run by mbergal at meta-comm.com