Boost logo

Boost Testing :

From: Beman Dawes (bdawes_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-11-07 09:23:52

Nicola Musatti wrote:
> Beman Dawes wrote:
> [...]
>>> In my opinion we should tackle this problem from two sides: trying to
>>> avoid such an unwieldy output from this test, but also ensuring that pjl
>>> truncates overly long line to a reasonable size. I would venture that
>>> 10KB would be a reasonable size, given how certain compilers fully
>>> expand some template definitions.
>> Makes sense to me. Care to submit a process_jam_log.cpp patch?
>
> I'm willing to take a look, but I can't promise when. Still, given that
> the original problem appears to be fixed, this seems to be somewhat less
> urgent.

Yes, but we would really like to make our testing more robust. IIUC,
this is a problem that could reoccur, say if a test gets in a loop that
involves output. So I'd like to see process_jam_log deal with it, even
if the original problem is fixed.

I'd fix it myself, but if I stop working on release management issues
every time I see a robustness issue, the release will never get out.

Thanks,

--Beman

Boost-testing list run by mbergal at meta-comm.com