Boost logo

Boost Testing :

From: Boris Gubenko (Boris.Gubenko_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-11-29 18:29:35

  This is what I got so far:

  <http://tinyurl.com/32exwz> describes condition_test failure. The
  test fails the same way on Tru64 and HP-UX: it hangs on the call to
  pthread_cond_wait() function in interprocess_mutex::lock() function
  in boost/interprocess/sync/posix/interprocess_mutex.hpp. I verified
  it with the debugger on both systems and, also, by adding some
  diagnostics to the source. Eventually, the test gets killed by bjam:
  the -lx option.

inline void interprocess_mutex::lock()
{
    int res = 0;
    res = pthread_mutex_lock(&m_mut);
    assert(res == 0);

    while (m_locked){
        res = pthread_cond_wait(&m_cond, &m_mut); <<<< hangs
        assert(res == 0);
    }

  I did not spend any time investigating the hang because I figured
  you may just know what might be causing it and why only these two
  Unix systems are affected (some configuration problem?) The compiler
  does not seem to be the factor: it is gcc on HP-UX and cxx on Tru64
  (cxx is EDG-based compiler).

  Please let me know how you want to proceed. If it is unclear to you
  what might be causing the hang, I'll investigate and report back.

  Thanks,
    Boris