Boost logo

Boost Testing :

From: Jurko Gospodnetić (jurko.gospodnetic_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-01-19 11:59:07

   Hi Jonathan.

>> I'm just not sure how paths with spaces should be specified - with
>> quotes around the whole command-line option or just the path, but that
>> should be easy to test.
>
> Good question. I tried the type of quoting described here
> (http://www.boost.org/doc/html/jam/usage.html), e.g.,
>
> -sLARGE_FILE_TEMP="\"\"C:/Large File/large_file\"\""
>
> as well as several other possibilities, but none worked.

   Ok I found the working combination on Windows. :-) And it is actually
'the only logical solution'. :-)))

   "-sLARGE_FILE_TEMP=\"C:/Large File/large_file\""

   The quotes on the outside make the command processor (i.e. shell)
treat this whole string as a single command-line parameter.

   The quotes on the inside tell bjam that the value for LARGE_FILE_TEMP
is a single string instead of a list of two strings.

   Quotes on the inside need to be escaped so they would not get
processed by the command processor.

   Hope this helps.

   Best regards,
     Jurko Gospodnetić