Boost logo

Boost Testing :

Subject: [Boost-testing] [flyweight][Sandia-[darwin|tiger]-*] Problem with filename lengths
From: Joaquin M Lopez Munoz (joaquin_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-03-31 14:55:59

The intermodule_holder test of Boost.Flyweight is currently
failing on the following regression runners:

  Sandia-tiger-x86
  Sandia-darwin-intel-9.1
  Sandia-darwin-intel-10.1
  Sandia-darwin-intel-10.0

(Sandia-leopard-x86 is not failing, but the results are a
little outdated, so I don't know what the current status for
this platform should be.)

In all cases the run-time error is the following:

  'boost::interprocess::interprocess_exception'
    what(): File name too long

  EXIT STATUS: 134

(See http://tinyurl.com/c36snm .)

The problem here is that intermodule_holder internally
uses some Boost.Interprocess objects that get mapped to
temporary files, and apparently the names used for these
files are too long. Puzzling thing is that these names
aren't really that long, on the vicinity of 65 chars;
for instance, this is a typical example:

  boost_flyweight_intermodule_holder_mutex_4916_93499469_1423443702

And supposedly Mac OX X file system accommodates filenames
of up to 255 characters.

Can someone with access to any of the relevant platforms
debug a little into this? I can provide him with some
guidance during the process if needed --for starters,
the offending objects are members of a struct called
instantiator in boost/flyweight/intermodule_holder.hpp

Thank you very much in advance,

Joaquín M López Muñoz
Telefónica, Investigación y Desarrollo

Boost-testing list run by mbergal at meta-comm.com