Boost logo

Boost Testing :

Subject: Re: [Boost-testing] [boost] [filesystem] [cygwin] Version 3 will not support BOOST_NO_STD_WSTRING
From: Frédéric Bron (frederic.bron_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-05-11 10:13:11

> The GCC 4.4.0 release binary for Windows available from
> http://www.equation.com/servlet/equation.cmd?call=fortran supports
> std::wstring, std::wcout, etc. Presumably official Cygwin support will
> follow.
>
> That removes the little remaining incentive I had, so Boost.Filesystem
> Version 3 will not support BOOST_NO_STD_WSTRING. There had been some
> previous discussion of this, but it is now definite.
>
> I still don't have an exact target date for V3, but plans should
> become more concrete over the next couple of months.

Hi Beman,

Thanks for proposing a new version of the filesystem library which is
very useful. I have tried to run the regression tests with the beta
release of cygwin 1.7 but I obtained little success (look at
bronf-1.7). I wanted to start testing the wide char thing as they say
it is now supported (but only g++ 4.3.2 is currently installed). I
suspect something does not work anymore in the testing procedure with
the new cygwin but I would need some help to understand what to look
for. Nearly all the tests are blank, what does this mean?

Frédéric

Boost-testing list run by mbergal at meta-comm.com