Boost logo

Boost Testing :

Subject: Re: [Boost-testing] Enabling Boost.MPI tests on AIX
From: Christopher Cambly (ccambly_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-06-15 15:41:46

> Yes, that other information is rather hefty and is a serious PITA to
> parse. Here's what we get.

<snip>

Hefty is a good way to describe the output :-)

> Chris, any chance IBM could adopt a more standardized convention for
> the MPI wrapper scripts to make it easier for us to parse through the
> output (or is there a better set of switches to use)?

I understand there is no actual convention, but I am not clear on what
information is required.

If what you are looking for are -showme:compile, -showme:link, -showme or
-show equivalents then we have nothing comparable. -v is an official
option although the output is quite large.

I took a look inside the mpCC script itself and it appears to have an
environment variable MP_VERBOSE=YES. Would it be possible for the auto
configure to do something like:

bash-3.00$ export MP_VERBOSE=YES
bash-3.00$ echo "int main() { return 0; }" > t.C
bash-3.00$ mpCC t.C
xlC_r t.C -I/usr/lpp/ppe.poe/include -binitfini:poe_remote_main -lmpi_r
-lvtd_r -lpthreads -L/usr/lpp/ppe.poe/lib/threads -L/usr/lpp/ppe.poe/lib
-L/usr/lpp/ppe.poe/lib/ip
?

I can ask around to see about making the scripts more friendly although
that may take sometime.

Chris Cambly
XL C++ Compiler Development

Boost-testing list run by mbergal at meta-comm.com