Boost logo

Boost Testing :

Subject: Re: [Boost-testing] msvc- 9.0~wm5~stlport5.2 failures
From: David Deakins (ddeakins_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-08-06 22:59:25

Steven Watanabe wrote:
> AMDG
>
> Gennadiy Rozental wrote:
>> Subject tester run by VeecoFTC produces error like these:
>>
>> Run [2009-06-23 18:10:00 UTC]: fail
>>
>> Attempt to run test executable failed.
>>
>> EXIT STATUS: -10004
>>
>> Looks like environment misconfiguration.
>>
>> Can this, please, be resolved?
>
> The error only appears when linking to a dll.

Sorry for the delay in responding to this. There was indeed an issue on
the test computer side rather than with the Boost.Test library itself.
Unfortunately, Windows CE has problems locating DLLs for dependencies
when the name of the DLL is longer than something like 30 characters or
so. As a result, the Windows CE test launcher has to fixup any Boost
DLLs to use shorter names before it transfers them to the Windows Mobile
device to execute the test. When I switched over the tests from VC8 to
VC9 a while back, I accidentally broke the code that does this fixup.
These 'Attempt to run the test executable failed' test failures should
hopefully clear on the next test cycle.

-Dave

Boost-testing list run by mbergal at meta-comm.com