Boost logo

Boost Testing :

Subject: [Boost-testing] Difference between BDG-Ubuntu & Debian-Sid?
From: Steve M. Robbins (steve_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-11-01 15:47:46

Hi,

This message is addressed to the maintainer of "BGD-Ubuntu". There's
no contact info listed, but hopefully that person reads this list.
It's probably useful to involve all linux developers on this list,
anyway.

I've been running the "Debian-Sid" test machine for a fair while now
and notice that my system generally has more failures than yours.
Given that Ubuntu is a variant of Debian, I find this strange and
would like to understand why this is the case.

To start with: is it a 32 bit or 64 bit system? Are you using a
"stable" ubuntu or something more bleeding-edge, akin to "Debian/sid"?

Any ideas why things fail to compile on my system with GCC 4.4, but
do on yours; e.g. assign [1], dynamic_bitset [2], etc?

Thanks,
-Steve

[1] http://www.boost.org/development/tests/release/developer/assign.html
[2] http://www.boost.org/development/tests/release/developer/dynamic_bitset.html