Boost logo

Boost Testing :

Subject: Re: [Boost-testing] Serialization testing status (QNX problem)
From: Robert Ramey (ramey_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-10-26 17:14:17

Niklas Angare wrote:
> "Robert Ramey" wrote:
>> The upgrade to latest spirt has the following compilers failing to
>> build. qcc
>> sun- 5.10
>> intel linux 10-11
>> pgi-10.1
>> intel- darwin- 10-11
>
> Actually qcc has been failing on all the wide char tests for a while.
> I think Boost 1.40 on QNX 6.4.1 worked. Boost 1.44 on QNX 6.5.0
> fails. I didn't run any tests between those.
>
> The tests fail to run with this message:
> ../libs/serialization/test/test_tools.hpp(184): input stream error in
> function 'int main(int, char**)'
>
> Any clues what the cause might be?

This is likely an issue with handling wide characters in streams.
Many standard library implementations have quirks in this area
and our utf-8 facet is likely not perfect either.

On the upside, this is fairly easy to track down.

a) the library builds - that's OK - build in debug
b) run the failing test with the debugger. I presume
that's GDB in this case. Set it so that it traps when throwing
on a C++ exception. They you can see a back trace
as well as the code that failed. At that point it may or
may not be obvious what to do. But at least getting
to that point is pretty easy.

Robert Ramey

Boost-testing list run by mbergal at meta-comm.com