Boost logo

Boost Testing :

Subject: Re: [Boost-testing] [boost] trunk summary [was: geometry moved to trunk]
From: Christopher Jefferson (chris_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-01-21 06:29:02

On 21 Jan 2011, at 11:27, Barend Gehrels wrote:

> hi Vicente,
>
> Thanks for your answer.
>

>>> - some of my tests fail because of a time-limit (
>>> http://tinyurl.com/64mzq4x ), is that configurable?
>>>
>> It is configurable. But, couldn't you reduce the time of your tests, or make
>> each test make less things?
>
> Yes that might be possible (though not convenient), but a timelimit might sometime go off, sometimes not, so it might cause an unexpected regression.

The timelimit is often chosen by testers. I would try to make sure all tests run in 5 minutes. That is the limit I usually put on. Having a timelimit is important, as sometimes compiler or boost errors can lead to a huge number of tests timing out, which means the tester takes a very long time to finish without a shortish time limit.

Chris

Boost-testing list run by mbergal at meta-comm.com