Boost logo

Boost Testing :

Subject: Re: [Boost-testing] Reporting down, Repo access problems (fwd)
From: DongInn Kim (dikim_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-04-01 14:09:28

Hi,

My name is DongInn Kim, systems administrator in the OSL. I am taking care of the boost SVN server (wowbagger).

First of all, I am sorry that I have not announced you the changes I made recently before this kind of incident happens.
Actually, I wrote a script to automatically block offensive and malicious IP addresses from the SVN server last week and I have been watching the SVN activities of the server. It seems that it was doing right until Jeremiah forward this email and I notice this problem.
Apparently my script is not to manage this issue.
Do you have any specific IP addresses to avoid the blocking? My script is checking the svn log to see if there are any heavy talks (IP addresses) making more than 1900 transaction within recent 10000 traffics and if so, the IPs are blocked. Of course, I have the white list to unblock the valid IP addresses no matter how many transactions they make.

These are the changes that I made last week.
1. The apache configuration to optimize for the current traffic and load in wowbagger
2. Run the script to block the IPs in the blacklist (heavy talkers making more than 1900 transaction within 10000 traffics).

Since these changes, wowbagger seems to be much more usable than before.
The daily loadaverage of wowbagger has changed from 9~20 to 1~3.

Any suggestion to improve my script or wowbagger performance would be really appreciated.

Again, I am so sorry for any inconvenience that my script caused.

Regards,

--
- DongInn

Boost-testing list run by mbergal at meta-comm.com