Boost logo

Boost Testing :

Subject: Re: [Boost-testing] Trunk testing (general) and MSVC11
From: KTC (ktc_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-08-23 08:23:03

On 23/08/2012 13:04, Beman Dawes wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 23, 2012 at 6:05 AM, Christoph Macheiner
>>
>> - The website states about 5gb of disk space, so I used a spare machine but
>> ran out of disk space after 32gb used. So should that be 50gb?
>
> Hum... Something must be burning unnecessary disk space. Do you have
> an indication what is chewing up all that space?

>> - Even on a quite modern machine (quad-core processor, enough RAM),
>> "performance" is rather poor. I know this is quite a general statement, but
>> without further ado, did anybody look into this? The above-mentioned
>> out-of-disk occured after about 7 hours, with the tests obviously still not
>> finished. Point is, I can spare the night on my dev rigs, but if the tests
>> take longer than say, 8 hours, I am out of luck. Especially when I want to
>> test 32-bit and 64-bit.
>
> What are the space and time resources other testers are committing? It
> would be useful to know if something has gotten out of hand.

Those two points doesn't surprise me.

I have noted in previous email to this and possibly other boost list
that the 5GB of disk space is more like 50GB, at least from my
experience with Win+VC.

Running the complete test from scratch even without downloading from SVN
clean take way more than 12 hours here (an oldie dual core 2.2GHz 4GB
RAM running test on only one core), which is partly why I don't run the
test regularly.

KTC

Boost-testing list run by mbergal at meta-comm.com