Boost logo

Boost Testing :

Subject: Re: [Boost-testing] Trunk testing (general) and MSVC11
From: Eric Niebler (eric_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-08-24 15:39:09

On 8/24/2012 1:16 PM, Christoph Macheiner wrote:
> "Beman Dawes" <bdawes_at_[hidden]> wrote in message
>> On Thu, Aug 23, 2012 at 12:39 PM, Richard Webb
>> <richard.webb_at_[hidden]> wrote:
>>
>>> (and some of the temp files are *large*. e.g. i see obj files for the
>>> xpressive tests that are as much as 70 megabytes each).
>>
>> Ouch! Eric?
>
> The "offender" in this case being test_actions which drags in all the
> xpressive regex stuff and has #pragma's inline_recursion(on) and
> inline_depth(255). So in this case, no wonder (and not that bad a compiler
> test as well...) =:)

I could break the test up, but I don't think it would save space
overall. There's really nothing I can do. xpressive works by generating
code -- in this case, lots of it. The functionality needs to be tested,
I have no control over the size of msvc's .obj files. Do I? I'm guessing
most of the space is debug information. Is there a way to turn that off?

--
Eric Niebler
BoostPro Computing

Boost-testing list run by mbergal at meta-comm.com