Boost logo

Boost Testing :

Subject: Re: [Boost-testing] Outdated Win32 results
From: Tom Kent (teeks99_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-12-24 08:24:58

On Fri, Dec 21, 2012 at 3:31 AM, John Maddock <boost.regex_at_[hidden]>wrote:

> I run all my tests with the --incremental flag, could this be causing what
>> you're seeing?
>>

> It shouldn't do so, it would certainly be worrying if it did :-(
>
> Do you still have libs/multiprecision/test/test_**arithmetic.cpp in the
> repo?

No, I do not have libs/multiprecision/test/test_arithmetic.cpp. The
directory is the same as svn revision on the web viewer:
http://svn.boost.org/svn/boost/trunk/libs/multiprecision/test/

> Another potential issue, I'm bjam seems to be crashing part way through
>> each run. I've been meaning to do some digging into this, but haven't had
>> the opportunity. It crashes after msvc-11.0's pool test running valgrind
>> (this test fails, but I think it is whatever is *next* that is causing the
>> crash). Here's my whole bjam.log file if anyone is interested (8MB
>> compressed): http://boost.teeks99.com/temp/**bjam.log.zip>
>>

> OK, so it gets to valgrind_config_check and then bombs out - that's the
> last config check that's run, after that bjam should be dumping all of the:
>
> boost-test(RUN) "accumulators/count" : "libs/accumulators/test/count.**
> cpp"
> boost-test(RUN) "accumulators/covariance" : "libs/accumulators/test/**
> covariance.cpp"
> boost-test(RUN) "accumulators/droppable" : "libs/accumulators/test/**
> droppable.cpp"
> boost-test(RUN) "accumulators/error_of" : "libs/accumulators/test/error_**
> of.cpp"
>
> stuff, so that's what's crashing.
>
> If bjam is crashing like that, how do you get any results? Or is the test
> matrix just reporting the last successful run which didn't crash?
>
> The only suggestion I have is to not run all the compilers in one big run,
> in case bjam is running out of memory and then crashing.
>
> Thanks, John.

I've got a run going on another VM with just vc11 and that isn't giving the
same crash. I also just ran a clean build (instead of --incremental) and it
had the crash again, but I wanted to see if that would update the original
problem with test_arithmetic_cpp, and I think it did. John- Can you verify
this before I move on and try eliminating some of the compilers from the
-1a run?

Thanks,
Tom

Boost-testing list run by mbergal at meta-comm.com