Boost logo

Boost Testing :

Subject: Re: [Boost-testing] sanity check: -fno-exceptions and regex regressiontests
From: John Maddock (john_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-01-08 04:06:31

> Problem: During regex regression tests, the 'regex_regress_noeh'
> target is selected and regress/main.cpp gets compiled. Jamfile.v2
> looks like it is turning off exception handling for the target
> and '-fno-exceptions' appears in the compilation. Regression
> framework, namely 'test/impl/execution_monitor.ipp', gets included
> and clearly issues a throw at line 250. Compiler reasonably gets
> mad at this and errors out failing the regression suite. (Test
> bjam being run with '-a -q' options.)
>
> Q: What am I missing that I'm failing in the test? Haven't tried
> enabling exceptions for the tests though that's an obvious
> workaround as is excluding specific tests.

Well obviously this did pass at on stage, but changes to Boost.Test and
others to the latest GCC compilers means it doesn't work anymore :-(

The good news is I fixed this in Git develop a few weeks ago - we need to
get the online regression tests up and running again though before I'll
merge to master and create a new regex release.

HTH, John.

Boost-testing list run by mbergal at meta-comm.com