Boost logo

Boost Testing :

Subject: [Boost-testing] process_jam_log stuck, hogging CPU (develop branch)
From: Jim Bell (Jim_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-07-01 00:41:10

FreeBSD 9.x, x64, gcc-4.2.1

process_jam_log is running off with a CPU, but appears not to be making
any progress. I think it's been running a few hours. It's not filling
the disk. bjam.log is 38,613,342 bytes. It hasn't written the .xml or
.zip files.

It was just built today during the regression run.

Gdb's attempts to attach were fruitless.

Tail of stdout:
# Getting test case results out of
"/usr/home/jim/boost_rt/develop/results/bjam.log"...
boost_root: /usr/home/jim/boost_rt/develop/boost_root
locate_root: /usr/home/jim/boost_rt/develop/results
*****Warning - missing test path: boost-test(RUN) "timer/inspect"
["always_show_run_output"] :
   (Usually occurs when bjam doesn't know how to make a target)

Oops ... I intended to suspend the process, but killed it by accident.
So no live forensics this time. But if you have things you want me to try...

Boost-testing list run by mbergal at meta-comm.com