Boost logo

Boost Testing :

Subject: Re: [Boost-testing] [EXTERNAL] how to create a patch_boost?
From: Belcourt, Kenneth (kbelco_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-11-18 22:09:42

Hi Arpana,

On Nov 18, 2014, at 7:50 PM, Aparna Kumta <aparna.kumta_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> Can someone give me an example of what patch_boost might contain?

-bash-4.1$ ls -l patch_boost
-rwx------ 1 kbelco kbelco 104 Nov 18 20:05 patch_boost

-bash-4.1$ cat patch_boost
cp register_archive.hpp boost_root/libs/serialization/include/boost/archive/detail/register_archive.hpp

Note that the patch_boost file contains ordinary un*x commands. In this case I’d suggest making a copy of register_archive.hpp with the mods you want run.py to use, copy the file into the libs directory (as bjam will overwrite it if you copy it into boost_root). Make sure patch_boost is executable and in the top-level directory where you run run.py from.

HTH

— Noel

Boost-testing list run by mbergal at meta-comm.com