Boost logo

Boost Testing :

Subject: Re: [Boost-testing] [math] How to disable tests which use NTL, GMP, E_FLOAT packages?
From: John Maddock (boost.regex_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-12-30 08:03:36

> I'd like to run math regression unit tests on a system that does not
> have any of 3 extra packages defined inside libs/math/test/Jamfile.v2 as:
>
> local ntl-path = [ modules.peek : NTL_PATH ] ;
> local gmp_path = [ modules.peek : GMP_PATH ] ;
> local e_float_path = [ modules.peek : E_FLOAT_PATH ] ;
>
> By default, my bjam's logfile contains a bunch of error messages like:
>
> Error: Could not open include file<gmpfrxx.h>
> Error: Could not open include file<NTL/RR.h>
> Error: Could not open include file<gmpxx.h>

You shouldn't ever see those messages - they're produced as part of the
Jamfile's configuration process. The only time I'm aware of when they
show up is if you invoke bjam from inside the Visual Studio IDE - in
that case the IDE captures cl compiler output before bjam gets to see
it. I think there may be an environment variable that controls that,
but I'm not sure.

And no, there's no way to explicitly disable the configure-checks.

> But what would be the right way to tell bjam that all tests which use
> those 3 packages should be skipped?
>
> Also, is there any subset of tests inside 'multiprecision' library
> that can be successfully run without extra packages?

Yes, all the tests on the cpp_int cpp_dec_float and cpp_bin_float backends.

John.

Boost-testing list run by mbergal at meta-comm.com