Boost logo

Boost Testing :

Subject: Re: [Boost-testing] CrystaX runners
From: Niklas Angare (li51ckf02_at_[hidden])
Date: 2015-03-20 19:25:45

"Dmitry Moskalchuk" <dm_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> This is simple. CrystaX runners are cross-platform runners, which
> differs from other runners significantly. All tests are compiled on
> Linux with help of CrystaX NDK and then uploaded to Android device and
> executed there. To make it possible, I've written special helper
> 'adbrunner' (included to CrystaX NDK) which is used as testing.launcher.
> It a) take executable with all it's command line arguments, b) tries to
> distinguish arguments which are actually file names from others, c)
> upload executable, needed shared libraries and detected files to Android
> device and d) run executable on device.

This is the same approach that I took for my QNX on ARM test runner
NA-QNX650-SP1-ARM (except compilation is done on QNX x86). I wrote a shell
script which gathers the files and transfers them using SSH.

error_handling_test fails on my runner too. The problem is caused by these
lines in errors_handling_test.cpp which causes it to try to open a different
file than the one from the command line:
#ifdef LIMITED_TEST
    pattern_file_name += "2";
#endif

One possible solution would be to pass the names of both files on the
command line and choose between argv[1] and argv[2].

As it happens, I looked through the results the other day looking for
failures which might be caused by files not being transferred and found
these:
date_time/testlocal_time_facet
date_time/testtz_database
gil/image
wave/testwave
xpressive/c_traits (among others?)

gil/image didn't pass the file name on the command line. I have a patch that
I plan to submit this weekend. I'm not sure if I'll have time to look at the
others.

Regards,

Niklas Angare

Boost-testing list run by mbergal at meta-comm.com