Boost logo

Boost Testing :

Subject: Re: [Boost-testing] Adding regression tests for mingw(-64)/gcc and clang on Windows
From: Edward Diener (eldiener_at_[hidden])
Date: 2015-10-18 23:22:57

On 10/18/2015 10:14 PM, Jim Bell wrote:

> On 2015-10-10 12:25 AM, Edward Diener wrote:
>> On 8/12/2015 11:25 PM, Jim Bell wrote:
>>>

>>> On 2015-08-11 11:47 PM, Edward Diener wrote:
>>>
>>> I have mingw tests for mingw-32, mingw-w64 gcc 4.9, 4.8, 4.7, 4.6, 4.5,
>>> and 4.4. Also the mingw-gcc that ships with Qt 5.4, Qt 5.2 and Qt 4.
>>>
>>> I don't recall everything I did to get it working, but I'll fire one
>>> back up tomorrow.
>>
>> I noticed that you were contibuting mingw/gcc tests for Windows and
>> then you stopped doing so. Is it possible to peridically run those
>> tests again, or is is taking up too much of your time and resources ?
>>
>> I am going to attempt again to contribute my own gcc, and perhaps even
>> clang, tests for Windows, although clang is much more error-prone when
>> dealing with non-header only libraries.
>>

> I'm glad to periodically run my battery of tests, but would request that
> at least the master test results stay in the regression results matrix
> for a longer period of time.

I don't know how it is determined how long test results stay in the
regression tests result matrix for either 'develop' or 'master'. But
even if you could run your gcc on Windows test once a week I would view
this as a big plus for the regression test results on Windows.

Unfortunately for me my current laptop, which is adequate for small
programming efforts, is too slow to run Boost regression tests. It takes
more than 24 hours to run regression tests on my laptop for a single
compiler. I really need to get a faster laptop in order to contribute
boost regression tests when running on it.

Boost-testing list run by mbergal at meta-comm.com