Boost logo

Boost Testing :

Subject: Re: [Boost-testing] All my regressions failing in process_jam_log.exe [mingw]
From: Ion Gaztañaga (igaztanaga_at_[hidden])
Date: 2016-08-11 16:04:16

El 31/07/2016 a las 13:06, Ion Gaztañaga escribió:
> Hi,
>
> All my msvc 7.1 / mingw (from gcc 3.4 up to gcc 6.1) runners are
> failing. Tests are being executed as bjam.log ends with (example):
>
> [...]
>
> I can't see why process_jam_log.ex command has failed and I don't see
> any "results\boost-build-[toolset]\test_log.xml file anywhere.
>
> How can I debug this?

Just in case others have the same problem in the future. My mingw
toolsets' bin directories were not in PATH (regressions were run using a
gcc.bat script in user-config.jam that sets PATH to the bin directory of
the desired mingw version and forwards arguments to g++). Mingw toolsets
were declared before the MSVC-7.1 toolset in user-config.jam, so
regression.py was choosing the mingw toolset to build
process_jam_log.exe. Trying to execute that process_jam_log.exe was not
possible as it could not found several DLLs (like libstdc++).

I've deleted the process_jam_log.exe executable, put the msvc toolset
the first and tried also --pjl-toolset=msvc-7.1 in the command line to
make sure msvc is used to build the executable. Regressions are running
fine now.

Best,

Ion

Boost-testing list run by mbergal at meta-comm.com